Saturday, October 20, 2012

Seattle - Day 8

Saturday, September 8, 2012:  Arrived in Seattle and met Aunt Bonnie near the dock.  The walk back to my cousin Tonia's apartment would be the first of many uphill hikes in Seattle with Aunt Bonnie!  It was a great feeling to actually know the people around me for the first time in a week, plus these people have a special place in my heart - they're family!

After dropping off luggage, we set out for Olympic Sculpture Park for a day of sunshine and fun times with Tonia, Jay, little Bheem, Uncle Durward and Aunt Bonnie.  We visited the beach in Seattle (think stones instead of sand) and watched Bheem play.  The Public Market (Pike's Place) was hopping with weekend visitors - I've never seen so many fresh flowers for sale - they were everywhere.  I had read about a bubble gum wall just below the market area.  It proved to be disgusting and intriguing at the same time!

We visited an olive oil & flavored vinegar store - it may sound strange, but it was fun (and delicious!)  I've heard we have one of these in Asheville, but I haven't checked it out yet.  Seattle reminded me a lot of Asheville, so I wasn't too surprised to experience piercings, tattoos, dreadlocks, street performers, the wafting aroma of patchouli mixed with the occasional plain ol' stinky person.  We did a ton of walking, so after a scrumptious dinner of fresh salmon at Etta's, we called it a night.

Here are some other photos from Seattle:
 


 
This is one I haven't seen in Asheville yet - a rolling piano!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment