Saturday, October 20, 2012

Seattle - Day 10 & 11

Monday, September 10, 2012:  Bheem got to hang out with us today instead of going to daycare.  We went back through the Public Market (Pike's Place) and loafed around Seattle.  We visited Uncle Durward's favorite creamery and a great map store.

We changed hotels and began staying at the Moore Hotel.  It was built in 1906 and still had that old time charm.  It was decorated with rich reds, burgundy, and animal print giving it the feel of a swanky establishment.  The bed was super comfy, plus there was a Target two blocks away.  For some reason, I ended up going to Target 4 times (like how did I survive before knowing there was a Target there?) 


Tuesday, September 11, 2012:  This was my last day in Seattle, and unfortunately I woke up with a horrible head cold.  I slept in a bit before Aunt Bonnie and I walked all over Seattle - again.  We found an art gallery that I had wanted to visit.  It showcased the work of accomplished photographer, Mr. Art Wolfe.  He's the main reason I wanted to tour the Olympic Peninsula while in the area.  www.artwolfe.com  Here we are inside his gallery.

Tonia met us for lunch, and then we headed over to the big REI of Seattle.  I could have spent a whole day in there! I skipped supper with the group and went back to the hotel to rest.  I missed saying goodbye to Tonia, Jay and little Bheem.  Ugh..I hate being sick.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment