Saturday, October 20, 2012

Alaska - Day 6

Thursday, September 6, 2012:  Thursday was a beautiful day at sea.  Enjoyed breakfast and mimosas outside in the bright sunshine on the back deck of the ship.  I stayed out there for hours watching the water trail off the back of the boat. It had a way of putting me into a relaxed trance of sorts - well, maybe the mimosas contributed as well (smile.)  Several dolphins followed the ship and there were a couple reports of whale sightings, but I was too busy soaking in my vacation-ness that nothing could pry my butt out of that chair. Ahh..bliss.

After the evening entertainment, the ship's key staff members were introduced on stage.  Imagine my surprise when the Captain was introduced as living in "beautiful Asheville, North Carolina."  Holy crap. Really?  I knew I had to meet him!



No comments:

Post a Comment