Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Best of 2013



Wow! So here we are at the end of 2013 already. I find myself a bit embarrassed because I haven't blogged at all this year.  I truly have had the busiest year of my life in 2013 and I admit, blogging wasn't even on my list of priorities.  Any way, let's move on with a yearly re-cap through photos:

Blue Ridge Parkway in NC
Mile High Bridge at Grandfather Mountain
It was the wettest year on record for the Asheville, NC area.  It made for many cancelled photography outings, but when I did venture out the results were amazing.  I never knew fog could be so moody.


Lake Sequoyah in Highlands, NC
Experimental Forest in Pisgah (Brevard, NC)

Max Patch Bald
As we go through our journey, we are reminded that without rain there would be no rainbows.  This beauty was on display during a local photography excursion I hosted to Max Patch Bald near Hot Springs, NC. 



The following is a collection of additional favorites:


Mingus Creek, GSMNP

 

Egret in Flight at Sunrise - Charleston, SC


Sunrise from the Blue Ridge Parkway near Brevard, NC



 

Boneyard Beach near Charleston, SC


Pileated Woodpecker
 
Great Blue Heron on the shores of Lake Erie

Puffins near Bar Harbor, Maine
Bar Harbor, Maine
Osprey having lunch - Airlie Gardens near Charleston, SC

Goose Family - Airlie Gardens
Babcock State Park, WV



2013 was a fantastic year for photography.  Year #2 with my DSLR camera (Nikon 5100.)  Follow me on Facebook:  Lisa Hale Photos

2 comments:

  1. Found this through Jim Goldstein's Best Of project. A beautiful set of images - I especially liked the first four photos, they really stand out!

    ReplyDelete