Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Hello Studio Shooting!

Wowza!  What a start to 2014 it was for Lisa Hale Photos !  I had the absolute pleasure of working with Donna Cutting, CSP, Customer Training Expert/Consultant and her team in Asheville, NC during their Annual Retreat in January 2014.  Donna is a professional public speaker and asked for some shots of her team members: Katie and Rachel.  Donna's platform is 'Red Carpet Customer Service' and she wanted to incorporate some of her brand into the images.  (For more information on Donna's business click here.)

With the help of Tony Hood at French Broad Imaging, I rented out his studio space and Tony and I set-up the background and lights (well..ok, Tony did most of it, but I watched and learned.)  We used a white floor and white background to best meet Donna's needs.

The team arrived and after a brief wardrobe, hair, and make-up session we began!  I think we were all nervous in the beginning, but soon loosened up and had fun.

Here are some of my favorite shots from the day:

 
 

 
and lastly - we made sure to have some laughs!  Here a few of those moments:
 


 
 
 Sometimes you just go with what you know and trust yourself for the rest.  I knew it would be a stretch outside my normal comfort zone to do a full-on studio shoot with real, live people in a real studio, but I have to say that in the end it all came together nicely.  And coming from someone who normally photographs landscapes and wildlife...this was a nice change of pace.  I can sure use some more practice before I add 'studio shooting' to my repertoire, but having this experience behind me makes it that much more possible.
 
Happy shooting!

No comments:

Post a Comment